H-1B Visas

Specialty Occupation Visa (H-1B)

The H-1B visa allows a professional worker from abroad to be employed by a U.S. employer. The fundamental requirements for these positions are that the candidate possess the equivalent of at least a U.S. Bachelors Degree, as well as experience relevant to the position for which approval is sought.

An H-1B employee may remain in the United States up to 6 years and no particular relationship between the prior employer abroad and the U.S. corporation is required. However, the employee must be licensed under his particular profession in the United States and corresponding state, unless it can be established that such licensure is not necessary.

The H visa is specifically exempt from the presumption of immigrant intent. Under this change, working and living in the United States is possible during the pendency of a Labor Certification filed by the employer to obtain the professional's green card.


  1. U.S. Bachelors Degree or foreign equivalent
  2. (if degree is foreign) analysis by independent credentials evaluations service attesting that foreign degree is equivalent to U.S. Bachelors Degree
  3. Professional job offer which closely parallels the training and background of the particular employee
  4. Filing of a Labor Condition Attestation with the U.S. Department of Labor
  5. Prevailing wage survey conducting by the local state employment agency to protect the employer I-129H petition approved by USCIS
Our firm provides all the necessary services to assist high-tech professionals and other specialty occupation workers who want to work in the United States to qualify for H-1B visa approval.

Disclaimer: The information on this page does not constitute legal advice. Please contact the firm for an explanation concerning how you should use the information we have provided and for other important information.

Learn More

Temporary Visas

B-1 Business Visitor Visas

B-2 Visitor's Visas

E-1 Treaty Trader Visas

E-2 Treaty Investor Visas

F-1 and M-1 Student Visas

H-1B Specialty Occupation (Professionals) Visas

J-1 and Q-1 Exchange Visitor Visas

K-1 Fiance(e) Visas

L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visa

O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas

P-1 Artists And Athletes Visas

R-1 Religious Worker Visas

TN Status Under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA")

Permanent Residency Visas

Family Sponsored Immigration

EB-1 Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers, and Multinational Executives and Managers

EB-2 Workers with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts or Business

EB-3 Skilled Workers and Professionals

EB-4 Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers

EB-5 Investor/Employment Creation Visas

DV-1 Visas (the "Green Card Lottery")

Refugee and Asylum Applications

Citizenship Info


Expedited Naturalization through Military Service

Obtaining Citizenship through Parents/Grandparents